+1 on keeping the patch as is and not breaking it out as a "refactor" plus
a new feature.

We have seen WAY too many cases where a refactor has caused
issues. I'm not saying we shouldn't fix things, but major refactors
should, IMO, have a real-world need, and tangible improvement,
other than "I want it to work this way."

Too often people just refactor for refactoring sake. That's not a
Good Idea, IMO.

> On Apr 11, 2018, at 10:09 AM, Jim Riggs <jim...@riggs.me> wrote:
>
>> On 11 Apr 2018, at 08:28, Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 2:11 PM,  <jhri...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Author: jhriggs
>>> Date: Wed Apr 11 12:11:05 2018
>>> New Revision: 1828890

>>> Log:
>>> mod_proxy_balancer: Add hot spare member type and corresponding flag (R).
>>> Hot spare members are
>>> used as drop-in replacements for unusable workers in the same load balancer
>>> set. This differs
>>> from hot standbys which are only used when all workers in a set are