Le mercredi 18 avril 2018 à 11:41 +0200, Graham Leggett a écrit :
> On 17 Apr 2018, at 7:17 PM, Alain Toussaint <al...@vocatus.pub> wrote:
>
> > > No
> > > distribution (that I am aware of) ships something called Apache httpd
> > > v2.4.29.
> >
> > At LFS (linux from scratch), we're the exception confirming the rule of
> > shipping v2.4.29 with
> > the
> > single patch of defining a preferred layout (the BLFS layout patch) in
> > LFS/BLFS v8.2.
> >
> > B/LFS-svn is shipping with v2.4.33 currently.
> >
> > Alain (bug chaser for B/LFS and ALFS working toward editorship).
>
> Looking at http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/server/apache.html
> it doesn’t appear that
> you’re shipping httpd at all, instead you’re directing people to get httpd
> from the ASF, and are
> supplying a patch to make it work with LFS. Both of these activities are
> entirely fine.

We do have mirrors for the cases where upstream changes deviate from the book's
instruction and the
automated ALFS tool draw primarily from the mirrors before hitting upstream but
peoples doing thing
by hands while reading the books do take the packages from upstream.

> As an aside - httpd has a —enable-layout option in configure that defines
> where things should go.
> If you patch the following file how you want it and submit it to us, we can
> formally support LFS
> out the box and you can remove the need for your patch:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/sandbox/replacelimit/config.layout
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> —

Great idea which I'll submit to the power that be.

Alain