> On 28 May 2018, at 08:50, Micha Lenk <mi...@lenk.info> wrote:
>
> The reason I am asking this is, because for Location matching, Apache httpd
> apparently does map a request with a URL encoded path to the non-encoded
> configured path. For example, if I have configured in a virtual host:

Yes of course httpd deals with encoding, as it must, in processing a request
URL.

>  <Location "/!\"#$/">
>    ProxyPass "http://internal/!\"#$/";
>    ProxyHTMLURLMap "http://internal/!\"#$/"; "http://external/!\"#$/";
>  </Location>

mod_proxy_html is not processing a request URL, it's processing contents
in the response.  Contents destined, and encoded, for a HTTP Client.
The resemblence is entirely coincidental.  To align the behaviour
on grounds of consistency would seem to me misleading!

--
Nick Kew