On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 07/19/2018 12:36 AM, yla...@apache.org wrote:
>>
>> -    if (!c->data_in_input_filters || ap_run_input_pending(c) != OK) {
>> +    if (ap_run_input_pending(c) != OK) {
>
> We have a different code flow here now. If c->data_in_input_filters is 0, then
> ap_filter_input_pending does iterate over the ring whereas it did not do
> before,
> because it was not called.

Right, though ap_filter_input_pending() iteration is quite cheap, and
could be even cheaper if pending input and output filters were handled
separetely (next step...).

I prefer to keep the logic in ap_filter_*_pending() if you don't mind,
and avoid global c->data_in_*_filter checks all over the place
(possibly they'll disappear from conn_rec some day).
For now c->data_in_*_filter are used internally (core) to positively
force pending data, never negatively (and that's wise I think).

Regards,
Yann.