On 26 September 2018 at 00:12, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Agreed it was published to ann@httpd.a.o, likely Jim's approval.
>
>  It has not arrived at a...@apache.org.
>
> Sebb, can you shed any light on this moderation issue?

I just checked on hermes.

There are two mails from Daniel awaiting moderation dated Sep 22 11:41.
These are earlier versions of the ones that reached the announce@httpd
mailing list.
They have slightly different bodies; I think it would be confusing if
they were now moderated through.

I don't know if these mails were sent to the announce@httpd moderators
(I'm not one).
AFAICT we did not receive receive these for announce@a.o moderation.

I don't know if this is relevant, but the messages don't have a Date: header.
Also some of the received headers look odd:

        by mailrelay1-lw-us.apache.org (ASF Mail Server at
mailrelay1-lw-us.apache.org) with ESMTPSA id redacted
        for <annou...@httpd.apache.org>; Sat, 22 Sep 2018 11:41:35 +0000 (UTC)

and

        by mailrelay2-lw-us.apache.org (ASF Mail Server at
mailrelay2-lw-us.apache.org) with ESMTPSA id redacted
        for <annou...@httpd.apache.org>; Sat, 22 Sep 2018 11:41:38 +0000 (UTC)

Note also: in the SMTP transcript below, the message is only sent to
announce@httpd.
This would likely explain why we did not see the mails for
announce@a.o moderation.