On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 11:49 AM Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de> wrote:

> On 10.04.2019 09:24, Mario Brandt wrote:
> > On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 at 12:31, Stefan Eissing
> > <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> I just did some tests with https://redbot.org/ (the site tester by Mark
> >> Nottingham) against our server and it notifies of 2 things:
> >>
> >> 1. The "Keep-Alive" header is deprecated. I tried to "Header unset
> >> Keep-Alive" but that has no effect. Seems to be added very late.
> >>     Do we have a way to suppress it?
> >
> > That is true for HTTP/2. What about the clients that don't support
> > HTTP/2 yet? I wonder if it is possible to suppress that header only if
> > HTTP2 or better is used.
>
> Keep-Alive is defined in RFC 2068 and was removed in RFC 2616 (almost 20
> years ago).

Still it can be usefull in HTTP/1 as Connection/hop-by-hop header, for
instance the timeout= value can help synchronise a gateway and an
origin to avoid reusing a closed connection.

Can hop-by-hop headers be deprecated since they are not specifically
defined/listed by the RFC (7230)? The Keep-Alive header can possibly
live as a negotiated "application" header..

Regards,
Yann.