Going from 2.4.x to 2.6.x implies an ABI break... Up to now, all backports from
trunk have maintained the 2.4.x ABI backwards compatibility.

So I would propose that if we do the below, which I am fine w/ BTW, that the
1st issues we tackle after branching 2.6.x from httpd-24 are all the ABI
changes.

Yes, there is a lot of cool stuff in trunk. There is also a lot of, IMO,
untested and wonky stuff that I would be somewhat worried about releasing... So
that's why I like basing 2.6.x off of 2.4.x rather than trunk.

FTR: Both APR and httpd have similar versioning guidelines (semver)... I don't
see the attraction or need to revisit it.