Patch gives errors, but was given me the direction, Thanks!

htdbm and htpasswd  got it running !!

by adding in support/passwd_common.h :

#if !defined(WIN32) && !defined(NETWARE)
#include "ap_config_auto.h"
#endif

Your patch not used it is giving other errors, for example ab is not building, get ab.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__ap_real_exit_code

So left issues :

mod_ssl :
ssl\ssl_engine_io.c(33,10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'core.h' When I copy server/core.h to mod_ssl dir, then error: ssl_engine_io.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _ap_filter_adopt_brigade referenced in function _char_buffer_insert
Tried also link with libhttpd.lib, no go.

And the ones with Greggs answer.

Tried revision 1877505.
libhttpd :
miss in trunk modules\http\http_etag.c. Moved the one from Branches to include, libhttpd builds then, is that ok ?
Gregg: Yes to get it to build for now. Question is why isn't it in trunk, modules/http like it is in branches or anywhere (quick look and I can't see it).

mod_cache :
#include "test_char.h" not found. Copied the generated server/test_char.h to /include, mod_cache builds then, is that ok ?
Gregg: Yes to get it to build for now. We may just need to change the location it's generated to, or just point to it's location in the build. If it's not a public header then we do the second option. I'll look at that.

Steffen, trying to be a human Travis :)