On 8/3/2020 3:35 AM, JunkYardMail1 wrote:
> Getting sporadic not found (404) and redirects (301).  These occur maybe
> about 1 per 1000+ or so.
>
> The 404 responses are for existing content, and the 301 response make no
> sense.  Sometimes the redirect is to the same URL that was requested or to
> something completely unrelated.
>
> I can go to these URL's just fine without getting not found or redirect.
>
> Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS)
> Apr  2 2020 13:13:23
>
> perhaps try something a little more modern, 2.4.6 is _40_ releases old, ASF
> is about to release 2.4.46
> and this question is better suited to users@  not dev@

I would disagree with this, Noel.  301/404 is so basic it works awesome
for 25 years almost.

To me, I would increase the logging to combined and I would look for
autonomous capabilities.

Are you using a DNS system like Cloudflare or similar type of protection?

Do you have any scripts that look for bad actions/DDOS and counter them?

When you get a 301/404, are you getting a log entry for it?

Have you checked if your auth DNS servers are correct with Whois and in
sync?  Perhaps some requests are going to an old server.

I doubt httpd is the culprit.

Regards,

KAM