Couldn't we add, in the documentation:
 - a list of headers that cannot be added by mod_headers
 - a list of headers that are stripped by mod_proxy (and mod_proxy_*)

I'm facing a practical case where it's a nightmare to find a correct solution, even with (very contradicting) information found at several places: proxying upgrade requests from http(s) to ws(s). There is no place where it is documented when (in which modules) the Connection & Upgrade request headers are discarded. There's also no indication that these request headers cannot set/added/appended.

This kind of information would be invaluable for a lot of people.
I would be happy to help with the documentation obviously, but I'm not very knowledgeable about this.

Thanks