On 12/15/20 4:38 PM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 3:48 PM Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Did you use
>>
>> make update-changes
>>
>> to do the above modification to CHANGES?
>>
>> I guess not as this would have removed the now unneeded
>> trunk/changes-entries/pr57087.txt
>
> Argh no indeed, I knew I missed something :)
>
> Doing that now messes up CHANGES completely though (some binary
> garbage gets inserted) :/
> If I remove my manual addition from this commit (r1884456) it works
> nicely, for all the remaining changes-entries/*.
> When should we do that? I suppose anytime on trunk and when merging on
> 2.4.x (or at worst when releasing)?
Correct. Any time on trunk or if you don't want to have it on the trunk CHANGES
remove
the file just after committing it. It is still there for the backport.
See also README.CHANGES.
For 2.4.x you can execute it after backporting, but since
the tag.sh script will do it before tagging a release.

Regards

RĂ¼diger