On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 10:20, Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 03:57:25PM +0000, Steve Hay wrote:
> > On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 at 16:43, Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks all for testing, the vote has passed:
> > >
> > > PMC votes +1: ylavic, rpluem, covener
> > > Community +1: stevehay
> > >
> > > (Steve, looks like we need to get you on the httpd PMC!)
> > >
> > > and no -1 votes.
> > >
> > > I'll promote the release & prep the announcement mail.
> > >
> >
> > I think these releases normally go to Perl's CPAN as well (it is item
> > 12 in build/RELEASE), but I don't see 2.15 here:
> > https://metacpan.org/release/libapreq2
> >
> > Do you have perms to upload there? If not then I don't mind trying to
> > see if I can do it. (I've done mod_perl releases before, so it might
> > work ;-))
> I have never submitted anything to CPAN before, so if you are set up to
> do it, that'd be great, please go ahead!

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this. I uploaded the
file but there have been problems getting it correctly indexed -
partly due to me initially not having the required permissions (now
resolved by the CPAN admins), but also partly due to a weakness in our
META.yml file.

The distro is now on MetaCPAN, but as you can see here many modules
are listed as UNAUTHORIZED: https://metacpan.org/release/libapreq2

The problem is that our META.yml file fails to include the "file"
attribute for each item in the "provides" list. The "file" attribute
is now a *required* attribute -- see

The file is therefore regarded as invalid and MetaCPAN constructs its
own file instead, but includes every file within the distro, many of
which are not candidates for indexing and it all goes wrong...

The simplest way for us to fix this is to release a 2.16 with a
corrected META.yml. I've just committed rev. 1887336 to fix the
generation of the META.yml file for our next release.

Is there any appetite for a quick release of 2.16 to resolve this
indexing issue?

If not then we can leave it until whenever we next naturally make a
release, and in the meantime it may be possible for the CPAN admins to
fix up the indexing temporarily, but I think it's more trouble for
them than a quick release would be for us.

Reply via email to