On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 8:37 PM Niklas Edmundsson <ni...@acc.umu.se> wrote:

> Out of these, mod_cache_disk_largefile nonstandard, it's our own take
> on mod_cache_disk to suit our workload. It feels unlikely to have
> these side effects, although anything is possible I guess...

Does this module create threads?

Also, is mpm_event loaded dynamically (LoadModule) or compiled
statically (builtin)?

> Ah, so the "old gen" marker in server-status isn't the same mechanism
> that's used by the processes for the accepting/stopping logic?

The "old gen" marks the processes that have an older generation number
than the one of the latest reload.
If some children processes somehow miss the "signal" to stop,
mod_status will still mark them as "old gen" because their generation
number in the scoreboard is old, but still those children will
continue to run as if nothing happened.
It shouldn't happen, but as you say anything is possible..

Regards;
Yann.