On 9/22/21 5:41 PM, ste...@eissing.org wrote:

>> Am 22.09.2021 um 17:30 schrieb Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>:
>>
>> Currently we use the timeout setting of a virtual server hardcoded as the
>> beam timeout.
>> While I think that this is a good default I have situations where I think it
>> would be beneficial to set this timeout separately.
>> Opinions on a directive that allows to set this explicitly with a default of
>> the timeout setting of a virtual server?
>
> I think I have to bring over my github branch "icing/pipes" into trunk soon.
>
> That is a thing that is fixed there. It sets the timeout of the
> request_rec->server on  the beams. I think this is what we want. Or do you
> foresee a special need here for h2 requests to be configured?

I would like to configure it separately. I see a use case where we have a
blocking write on socket side, because we have a slow
client and multiple streams on the h2 TCP connection that I give the single
streams / tasks more time to beam things to the master
connection. In an ideal case I could configure this timeout on location / if
level, but being able to do this on virtual host
level would be already very helpful.

Regards

RĂ¼diger