This is a little confusing. It looks from the comment and code like the
change is restricting the request target that can be sent through a proxy,
which would be wrong.

OTOH, it would make sense that the proxy itself (the thing to which the
proxied request is being sent) is limited to http(s) because that is a feature
of HTTP. Is that what was intended?

....Roy