On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 5:44 AM Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 11:37:35AM +0100, Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> >
> > On 1/14/22 6:47 AM, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
> > > In addition to a broken release of brotli (where enc/dec don't specify
> > > -lbrotlicommon,
> > > even on trunk, for openssl and other consumers to ferret out that
> > > binding), and
> > > lots of fun changes to build flags in curl 7.81 minor release (who does
> > > that?)
> > > there appears to be one test failure with date formatting in httpd 2.4.x
> > > branch
> > > (including release 2.4.52) and apr 1.7.x branch (including release 1.7.0);
> > >
> > > t/modules/include.t ................. 56/98 # Failed test 64 in
> > > t/modules/include.t at line 373
> > >
> > > Have not had time to investigate whether this is a change in perl
> > > behavior, or
> > > possibly a regression caused by apr datetime handling in 1.7.x itself.,
> > > but any
> > > release apr-side should hold off just a bit to resolve this question.
> >
> > I cannot reproduce this with APR 1.7.x on RedHat 8 and our Travis builds at
> > least for some builds
> > on Ubuntu use APR 1.7 as well and do not fail.
> > Is this probably a Windows specific issue? Can anyone reproduce on Windows?

Fun guess. Not on Windows at the moment. This is on ubuntu 18.04
running as a vmw
workstation guest vm with the following snapshot revisions (all just a
bit beyond the
current releases, including apr 1.7;

apr_ver=1.7.x-1896808
aprutil_ver=1.7.x-1894932
brotli_rev=e83c7b8
brotli_ver=master
curl_rev=d4492b6d1
curl_ver=master
expat_rev=9c42ebdd
expat_ver=master
httpd_ver=2.4.x-1896743
httpdtest_rev=763e0201
httpdtest_ver=trunk
jansson_rev=addeeef
jansson_ver=master
libxml2_rev=dea91c97
libxml2_ver=master
lua_ver=5.4.3
nghttp2_rev=02e6cad1
nghttp2_ver=master
openssl_rev=2080da84a4
openssl_ver=master
pcre_rev=81d3729
pcre_ver=master
zlib_rev=cacf7f1
zlib_ver=master

> IIRC there is some test case which can be sensitive to filesystems, and
> e.g. sometimes fails if NFS mounted?  I may be mixing it up with another
> test. The output of "./t/TEST -v t/modules/include.t" should help
> diagnose.

I will dig deeper and check some other linux flavors.

> That phrase "including release 1.7.0" implies it's not a 1.7.x
> regression if it also failed with 1.7.0, Bill? i.e. no reason to hold up
> a release?

It's a good point, I just don't care to tag a release when we have been making
changes to apr time logic as part of the next release. Hopefully it is something
interesting in the local deployment and perhaps a bad assumption in the test?
Will report back.