On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 12:56 AM William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 4:08 AM Stefan Sperling <s...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 07:17:27PM -0600, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
> > > Thanks Stefan, it's attempting [locally] to replace a file, which was
> > > just created during the
> > > checkout (which might even be open).
> >
> > Hmm. I assume SVN would close such files based on APR pool lifetime.
> >
> > Handling of the pristine installation step has been changed in SVN trunk:
> > https://svn.apache.org/r1886490
> > In particular:
> > """
> > On Windows, it uses the existing mechanism of installing the files
> > by handle, without having to reopen them.
> > """
>
> As indicated, this is in the ubuntu 18.04 SFU on windows, the msys2-64
> current distribution, as well as Windows "native". Very consistent.

Was browsing some mails and just saw this thread.

Not sure I'm doing the right thing, but I don't see this issue on my
Windows 10 machine (with standard NTFS filesystem, just your regular
Windows laptop), with a standard 1.14.0 SVN client (from TortoiseSVN).

[[[
C:\research>svn --version -q
1.14.0

C:\research>svn co  -q -r 1896892