It sounds like the desired change is <IfModuleVersion foo rev>, but there
isn't a baked-in module revision field, not even a module release date that
would be helpful here, so that isn't promising. IfDefine is a solution.

Wouldn't <IfDirective directivename [modname]> solve this once and for all,
for many use cases? Ship a patch for folks who want to rely on this with any
rebuilt httpd 2.4.older?