No unnecessary 500  seen anymore in the access log.

Steffen

--- Original message ---
Subject: Re: sporadic 500 errors with 2.4.55
From: Stefan Eissing via dev <dev@httpd.apache.org>
To: <dev@httpd.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, 18/01/2023 21:06

Thanks for the fast confirmation. Added as r1906775 to trunk, proposed for backport to 2.4.x

Kind Regards,
Stefan

On 2023-01-18 13:40, Stefan Eissing via dev wrote:

Thanks for the logs. That was really helpful. If you can build a 2.4.55 yourself, could you try the following patch?

Yep, the patch fixed it. I don't see any 500 errors anymore.

The 500 in the access log happens when a client RST (resets) a stream before the response has really started. The HTTP/2 processing of this is totally fine and as should be. We just have an entry in the access log where there should be none.

It's also generating a 500 that can be seen by the server. e.g. I found this by using a php file as an ErrorDocument that sends an email when encountering a 500.

Thus this 500 is not only in the logs but must also trigger the ErrorDocument 500. Those are also gone now.

Thanks a bunch for fixing this.

Cheers,
   K. C.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0x172380A011EF4944
Key fingerprint = 8A55 70C1 BD85 D34E ADBC 386C 1723 80A0 11EF 4944

/*
     await thee at its end.
*/