Le 03/05/2023 à 21:12, Eric Covener a écrit :
On Tue, Apr 25, 2023 at 2:45 PM Graham Leggett via dev
<dev@httpd.apache.org> wrote:

On 25 Apr 2023, at 07:45, Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org> wrote:

2. Switching from Subversion to Git is mostly an emotional problem for me. We
have some closer ties to Subversion by some
   overlaps in the community and via mod_dav_svn we kind of partially eat our
very own dogfood here by using Subversion.
   We wouldn't do that any longer with Git. Plus it would switch another of our
development tools from an Apache license to GPL.
   Apart from technical aspects that this change would create we should check
if all of the current active committers are fine
   using Github. While people could use Gitbox and thus avoid Github when we
use Git I would like us to leverage the features of
   Github when we would do this switch and I think this cannot be done if
active committers would have issues with Github.

+1.

I've always found the fight about “must be git” to be really tedious. Github
supports both git and svn to this day, and people are free to use what they
prefer by using the interface they are most familiar with.

While Github is popular today, this is only because the goals of the owners of
Github are presently aligned with our goals. As Twitter has taught us, goals
change at any time and without warning.

Hi Graham -- it's a little unclear to me where this would put you
"vote" wise about moving to read/write Git.

Anyone else with a stake have an opinion? It has been since about 2019
since we last discussed it here, I am hoping people have warmed up to
it.

svn or git both fit my needs.

git would be slightly easier for me because of the feature to easily commit only parts of changes of files (I think that some svn clients also support it, but not the one I use)

github is great because it can be used for code review without the need to commit something. A patch can be discussed, updated, improved, ... cleanly before being merged. That's a great feature IMHO.

git/github would also make the project more attractive for others contributions I think.

So, even if I personality really don't care for myself, I would +1 the sake of the project.

Just my 2c,

CJ