Hi all,

I'd like to bring up this discussion around handling errors in Hudi write
paths.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUDI-648

Trying to gather some feedbacks about the implementation details
1. Error location
I'm thinking of writing the failed records to `.hoodie/errors/` for
a) encapsulate data within the Hudi table for ease of management
b) make use of existing dedicated directory

2. Write path
org.apache.hudi.client.HoodieWriteClient#postWrite
org.apache.hudi.client.HoodieWriteClient#completeCompaction
These 2 methods should be the places to persist failed records in
`org.apache.hudi.table.action.HoodieWriteMetadata#writeStatuses`
to the designated location

3. Format
Records should be written as logs (avro)

4. Metric
Post writing failed records, it should send a metric of basic count of
errors written. Easier for monitoring system to pick up and send alert.

Foreseeably, some details may need to be adjusted throughout the
development. To begin with, we may agree on a feasible plan at high level.

Please kindly share thoughts and feedbacks. Thank you.

Regards,
Raymond