First thought - ugh.  I really don't care for domain classes being built
this way.  We did it once and it really didn't solve anything.  If a
programmer wants to break the immutability, it is a simple matter to cast
the interface to the mutable implementation.  So it's just a lot of hassle
for no benefit.  (BTW - I know this is promoted in the Sun blueprints
catalog, but I still think it's awful.  But that's just my 2 cents - YMMV)

Second thought - if you really want to do this, you can code a
ResultObjectFactory and supply the concrete implementations yourself.

Jeff Butler