Hi Iceberg.

It looks like for most cases where non-atomic rename is required, using the
Hive metastore is the baseline with the ability to implement a custom.

I couldn't find mailing list history or GitHub issue that suggests that
Iceberg will implement its own. Is that intended for the future?

I ask because Iceberg's metastore version pin is 1.2.1 which is very old.
Someone using Iceberg, with a Hive metastore, mind find difficult moving
maintaining peace in upgrades with Hive.

Related:  Is the intention here that existing Hive users would use the
store that they have and new Iceberg users would implement custom?

Appreciate help in understanding,

Kris