I hope we include Spark structured streaming read as well in the next
release; that was proposed in Feb this year and still around. Quoting my
comment on benefit of the streaming read on Spark;

This would be the major feature to cover the gap on use case for structured
> streaming between Delta Lake and Iceberg. There's a technical limitation on
> Spark structured streaming itself (global watermark), which requires
> workaround via splitting query into multiple queries & intermediate storage
> supporting end-to-end exactly once. Delta Lake covers the case, and I
> really would like to see the case also covered by Iceberg.
> I see there're lots of works in progress on the milestone (and these are
> great features which should be done), but after this we cover both batch
> and streaming workloads being done with Spark, which is a huge step forward
> on Spark users.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)