Hi Junwang,

It would be great to include CherryPickOperation(#926) and
> RewriteManifests in this release to make metadata update support more
> complete. I have a branch for RewriteManifests, but I'm not sure we
> have enough review bandwidth for both due to the coming holiday days.



Could we postpone the release until late October?


I don't think we will reach "feature complete" or maturity soon, so I'd
rather we make faster and smaller releases to get early feedback from users.
We can make another release in late October when CherryPickOperation,
RewriteManifests, and other new features land.

Thanks,
Manu


On Sun, Sep 20, 2026 at 3:48 PM Junwang Zhao <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Sep 19, 2026 at 12:20 AM Manu Zhang <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Iceberg-cpp 0.3.0 was released in June. Since then, 174 commits have
> landed on main, including several key features and enhancements:
> >
> >   - Iceberg v3: Support for new types (timestamp_ns, timestamptz_ns,
> unknown, geometry, geography), column default values, binary deletion
> vectors, and row lineage.
> >   - Table updates: MergeAppend, DeleteFiles, RowDelta, OverwriteFiles,
> RewriteFiles, and ReplacePartitions.
> >   - Performance: Parallel manifest reads and writes, lazy scan planning,
> an LRU cache, and metrics for commits and scans.
> >   - Catalogs and IO: REST SigV4 and OAuth2 token exchange, vended
> credentials, an initial Hive Metastore client, and ResolvingFileIO.
> >   - Other updates: Pluggable logging (optional spdlog backend) and
> metadata table scans (SnapshotsTable). Meson build support has been removed.
> >
> > Given this progress, I would like to propose starting the 0.4.0 release.
> Ongoing work, such as variant types, encryption, and Puffin statistics,
> will be deferred to a later release.
> >
> > Please let me know your thoughts. If there are no objections, I am happy
> to act as the release manager, with Gang Wu kindly offering support.
>
> It would be great to include CherryPickOperation(#926) and
> RewriteManifests in this release to make metadata update support more
> complete. I have a branch for RewriteManifests, but I'm not sure we
> have enough review bandwidth for both due to the coming holiday days.
>
> Could we postpone the release until late October?
>
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Manu
> >
>
>
> --
> Regards
> Junwang Zhao
>

Reply via email to