Dmitriy,

This approach would definitely work, if it wasn't for the fact that the cluster
groups in my case are created dynamically and may include any combination of
nodes in the cluster (where the number of combinations grows exponentially with
the number of nodes in the cluster). I don't think it's practical to create
that many caches.

I still can't get why the affinity function can't be applied to an arbitrary
cluster group, and why it must necessarily be a cache. Isn't the cache affinity
just a special case of the cluster group affinity defined as
ClusterGroup.forCache()?

Thanks
Andrey