Val,

I do it every day and do not have any problems. I tried it now on newest
master branch and again - no problems.

I just comment one line and uncomment other in config:

                    <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.vm.TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder">
                    <!--<bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.multicast.TcpDiscoveryMulticastIpFinder">-->
                        <property name="addresses">
                            <list>
                                <!-- In distributed environment, replace
with actual host IP address. -->
                                <value>127.0.0.1:47500..47509</value>
                            </list>
                        </property>