On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 11:25 PM, Andrey Kornev <andrewkor...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> And since you've asked for opinions, it's also my opinion that the
> discussion about the naming was a non-consequential bikeshedding (
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson's_law_of_triviality) and
> potentially causing unnecessary delays of the release which is already long
> overdue.

I respect your opinion, obviously. But something being late is not an
excuse for taking liberties with something so important and prominent as
release naming policy and the lifetime of temporary binaries in external
and public repositories. Those are the meeting points between our
development process and the software discovery process by prospective
users.

Discussing names of private variables or an extra parenthesis in docs...
Those are actual "bikeshedding". So in a way, I agree with you: we must
focus on what's important.