Guys,

When trying to release Apache Ignite 1.5.0 we came to conclusion that we
had to proceed with EA version rather than with final release due to many
reasons.

I think that everyone understands the purposes of EA versions and the
advantages that we gain if we establish this process in a proper way.

Now I see the following points. Let's discuss and put results on our
project wiki.

1. Complex features will be released only through EA process, but point
and/or patch releases may omit this step.

2. The first EA (EA1?) build can be released when upcoming release gets
100% code/feature complete and it is verified that build/deployment
procedures work and TC is in green state.

3. EA version names should be the following:

* apache-ignite-X.X.X-EA1
* apache-ignite-X.X.X-EA2
* ...
* apache-ignite-X.X.X-EA15

Where X is a number. Index after EA makes ordering intuitive.

4. EA versions go through the same voting process as we have for release
procedure now. E.g. apache-ignite-1.5.0-EA1-rc1 will be submitted and after
approval "-rc1" part gets stripped.

5. I would prefer EA versions being available through maven. I know that
there are different opinions on this and I know the reasoning for opinions,
but from my standpoint this will save us from managing additional repos and
make everything transparent.

Thanks!

--Yakov