It's a very valid question, indeed.

A Karaf feature is simply a shortcut to install modules in the OSGi
container, so I don't see a problem with the ignite-hibernate feature
itself. We do not distribute Hibernate.

However, where I do see a possible risk is with the ignite-all feature,
which includes ignite-hibernate. Very few (if no) users will actually
install ignite-all, but those that do will be dragging Hibernate into their
runtime environment.

Having said that, I still think it's not a problem because we do not modify
Hibernate, therefore we're not subject to the "virality" of LGPL.

But just in case, I will take ignite-hibernate out of ignite-all, so that
the user has to take an explicit step to install ignite-hibernate. I will
also add a NOTICE to the feature:info for ignite-all and ignite-hibernate.

Thanks,

*Raúl Kripalani*
PMC & Committer @ Apache Ignite, Apache Camel | Integration, Big Data and
Messaging Engineer