Agree with Sergey, such a rule should be added to the to-do list of a contributor and to the check-list of reviewers. However, this must be an optional rule cause it's obvious that there is no sense to provide an example for every kind of functionality.

In regards to OSGi I would add both an example and user friendly documentation on readme.io cause even for members of the community is not 100% clear what current OSGi integration supports and for which use cases it should be considered.
@Raul, do you have any plans on this?