+1 - sounds very reasonable and practical.

On 3/3/2016 5:54 AM, Denis Magda wrote:
Igniters,

I would propose to switch back to review-then-commit process. This process has to be followed by both contributors and committers.

There is a reason for this I have in mind. Ignite is a complex platform with several big modules. Some of the people may be experts in module A while others in module B etc. If a committer, who is good in module A, makes changes in module B merging the changes without a review this can break module's B internal functionality that the committer didn't take into account.

My proposal is to introduce a list of maintainers for every Ignite module like it's done in Spark [1] and a rule that will require a committer to get an approval from a module maintainer before merging changes.

Thoughts?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Committers#Committers-ReviewProcessandMaintainers