On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 11:50 PM, pooja3490 <poomazum...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to know that in use case where we need in-memory big data for
> on-the-fly computation, does Ignite gives better performance as compared to
> kdb (which is also an in-memory database)?
>
> As far as I understand, Ignite is used for caching database that store data
> on disk or to improve performance of systems that already use spark/hadoop.
>
> It would be very informative if someone could share comparison of Ignite
> Vs.
> KDb keeping the above use case in mind.

We don't have a comparison of Ignite to KDB, but at a high level KDB is a
time-series database. It also does not seem like KDB is a distributed
system either.

If you are interested in time-series queries, then in Ignite it would be
achieved using SQL and querying *between* timestamps using standard SQL
syntax.

Ignite performance should be better simply because Ignite can split a data
set into multiple pieces and run the query in parallel across multiple
nodes. So, if you have 10 nodes, then each node should work in parallel
with D/10 data size, where D is your total data size. Given that each node
has to process less data, queries should execute faster.