Hi Val,

the understanding is simple.

When you enables the single index on entry class you get "First index
overhead" per entry.

When you enables two indices on entry class you get "First index overhead"

With three indices you get "First index overhead" + 2 * "Next index
overhead", and so on...

Each annotated field with @QuerySqlField is an index, except multiple
fields annotated with @QuerySqlField.Group.

Another way to defining indices is to use property "queryEntities" and it's
subproperty "indexes". See the article [1]

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/indexes

--
Thanks,
Alexandr Kuramshin