Sergey,

See inline:

> For the approach schema==cache it is not clear how it works for some cases
> (especialy if SQL and regular cache operations are mixed):
>
> 1. I want to store two tables in same cache (same schema) and both tables
> have identical structure like id Integer, name String.
> How they will be processed for regular cache operations
> put/putall/get/getall etc where we get cache instance by its name (on SQL
> level we use the table name) ?

This already works. We can have multiple QueryEntities configured for a
single cache. The only restriction here is that cache key must be unique
across all the tables inside the same schema.

> 2. What's about ALTER TABLE statement? Will the changes for one table lock
> all tables in the cache?

It will not be needed, any table structure modification will be performed
in the table scope.

> 3. In the future if we will introduce table-based features like SQL roles
> (as next step of SQL implementation) "many tables one cache" rule looks
> like more difficult for its implementation.

I don't think so, must be the same thing.

> p.s. may be we need to think about new entity called "table" (based on type
> descriptor) inside cache to better support of SQL DDL

We already have it: QueryEntity. It has exactly that semantics.

Sergi