Currently, marshaller determines the type of field (BYTE, INT, STRING etc.)
only by the Class of data being serialized. It seems rather non-trivial to
manage marshaling parameters at cache creation point. Alternatively, there
exists simple and flexible way: just to introduce new Java type, say,
StringWithEncoding, but it looks ugly to my mind.