These are two different things. Spark applications themselves do not use JDBC -
it is more for non-spark applications to access Spark DataFrames.

A direct support by Ignite would make more sense. Although you have in theory
IGFS, if the user is using HDFS, which might not be the case. It is now also
very common to use Object stores, such as S3.
Direct support could be leverage for interactive analysis or different Spark
applications sharing data.