Replied in ticket. Also posting here.

Currently invokeAsync() is defined as public <T> IgniteFuture<T>
invokeAsync(.....).

If we need EntryProcessorResult to be returned from Future then it should
be public <T> IgniteFuture<EntryProcessorResult<T>> invokeAsync(.....). I
am not sure why we have this difference in sync/async counterpart.
Probably, Vladimir Ozerov
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=vozerov> or Taras
Ledkov
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=tledkov-gridgain>
can
provide some info.

I also think that we will not changing the public API in 2.0. Let's leave
it as is and then fix in next major version.

--Yakov