I would call the setter setBaselineTopology, without the word Descriptor.

Also, perhaps this BaselineTopology should be a standard predicate, just
like the Node Filter we already have for ClusterGroup, so users could
provide a custom cluster initialization logic. We, of course, should
provide a default implementation of this predicate, which accepts a list of
IP addresses or host names.

Thoughts?

D.