Hello, Ilya.

Great! Thanks!

Can I extend your idea a bit?

I think it be very useful monitor all-user provided listeners and callbacks also.

To handle following scenarios:

1а. User starts a job with ExecutorService, IgniteCompute or similar.
1b. User creates ContinuousQuery with remoteFilter and localListener.
2. It take huge amount of time to execute user callback on some node. Or thread blocks on some monitor inside callback.

In that case Ignite can detect it and print some waring message.
We can cancel user callback to free resources in some cases.

Specific timeouts and cancel policy should be configured by user.

May be it already covered by FailOverSpi [1] but I can't find description of such feature.

We can take WebSphere hangs detection mechanism [2], [3] as an example.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/fault-tolerance
[2] https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/aimsupport/entry/hung_thread_detection_in_websphere_application_server?lang=en [3] https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSAW57_8.5.5/com.ibm.websphere.nd.iseries.doc/ae/ttrb_confighangdet.html