igniters,

Ignite doesn't have compatibility for binary protocols between different
versions, as this would make development harder and slower. On the other
hand we maintain API compatibility what helps us move users to new versions
faster.

As native persistence is implemented, new challenge appeared - whether to
maintain binary compatibility of stored data. Many approaches exist:

1) No compatibility at all - easy for us, nightmare for users (IMO)
2) No compatibility, but provide migration instruments
3) Maintain compatibility between N latest minor versions
4) Maintain compatibility between all versions within major release

The more guarantees we offer, the harder them to maintain, the better UX.

Let's think on what compatibility mode we can offer to our users if any.
Any ideas?

Vladimir.