Folks,

Since 2.0 we have introduced PartitionLossPolicy which blocks access to
cache if data loss occurred. This is an awesome feature, however it is not
very clear how to use it properly.

First of all, there is no documentation. Ticket already exists though and
hopefully it will be completed soon:

Second of all, looks like there is no required tooling. Visor and Web
Console should be able to show the status (i.e. which partitions are
available and which are not), fire alerts in case of partition loss,
provide an ability to restore partitions via Ignite#resetLostPartitions
method, etc.

And finally (most importantly), I'm a bit confused
by Ignite#resetLostPartitions method itself. What are the best practices
for using it? How a user should decide that partitions are actually
restored and how should he choose when to call this method? For example, if
we have persistence enabled, is it enough to just bring back the nodes or
something else is needed? Actually, why don't we detect this automatically
in this scenario?

I would appreciate any inputs and thoughts on this topic.

-val