Hi all,

I’m looking into https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7264, and I need
some guidance on what’s the best way to approach it.

The problem is that cache names are not restricted, but if persistence is
enabled the cache needs to have a corresponding directory on the file system
(“cache-…”) which can’t be created if the cache name contains certain
characters (or a reserved system name).

A straightforward approach would be to check if a cache name is allowed on the
local system (e.g. via `Paths.get(name)`) and fail to create cache if it isn’t,
but I’m a bit concerned with the consistency of the behavior (the same cache
name be allowed on one system and not on another).
I think a better way would be to replace special characters (say, all
non-alphanumeric characters) with underscores in file names (not changing the
cache configuration). Would this be OK? Are there any risks I’m not considering?

WDYT?

Thanks,
Stan