Hello, Igniters!

I agree that solution with separate caches is not acceptable for a
large number of sets.

So, I want to suggest one more way to implement IgniteSet that will
introduce element indexes (similar to IgniteQueue). To implement this
we can add head/tail indexes to IgniteSet header and for each
IgniteSet element store two key-value pairs:
 setKey, index
 index, setKey

Indexes are required to support iterator and they should be continuous.

Please, see detailed description in JIRA comment [1].

With such approach add/remove/contains operations will have O(1) time
complexity, iterator should work similar to current IgniteQueue
iterator, issues [2], [3] will be resolved, because PDS recovery will
work "out of the box" and we will not use JVM heap for duplicated
values.

Btw, we can use this implementation only for collocated mode (map
keys/indexes to IgniteSet name) and use separate caches for
non-collocated mode.

What do you think about this?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-5553#comment-16364043