Prachi,

Swap is legacy lightweight version of Ignite Native Persistence. In swap mode, we fully rely on OS in storing offheap memory into memory-mapped file. We don't provide durability guarantees in this mode. From my point of view, after 2.1 release there's no reason to prefer swap mode over Ignite Native Persistence.
Igniters, please correct me if there are still any actual cases.

Right now we indeed can configure both Ignite Native Persistence and swapping, but this makes even less sense. Node will just perform extra job by persisting data twice.

Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov