Pavel Kovalenko created IGNITE-7871:
Summary: Partition update counters may be different during exchange
Issue Type: Bug
Affects Versions: 2.4
Reporter: Pavel Kovalenko
Using validation implemented in IGNITE-7467 we can observe the following
Let's we have some partition and nodes which owning it N1 (primary) and N2
1) Exchange is started
2) N2 finished waiting for partitions release and started to create Single
message (with update counters).
3) N1 waits for partitions release.
4) We have pending cache update N1 -> N2. This update is done after step 2.
5) This update increments update counters both on N1 and N2.
6) N1 finished waiting for partitions release, while N2 already sent Single
message to coordinator with outdated update counter.
7) Coordinator sees different partition update counters for N1 and N2.
Validation is failed, while data is equal.
1) Cancel transactions and atomic updates on backups if topology version on
them is already changed (or waiting for partitions release is finished).
2) Each node participating in exchange should wait for partitions release of
other nodes not only self (like distributed countdown latch right after waiting
for partitions release).
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA