Hi Nikolay,

The answer is simple - legacy. QueryEntity was introduced long before we
had rich SQL support. At this point we should consider both QueryEntity and
our SQL API obsolete. There is a ticket to design new SQL API [1] and new
"QueryEntity" should be it's integral part. If you have any ideas please
feel free to share.

Vladimir.