*Dmitriy*, thanks. Astonishing job! We'll add a section to the durable
memory tuning page and refer to the wiki for more details:

Please clarify the following:

> Direct I/O mode can't be enabled for Write Ahead Log files. However, when
> working with plugin, WAL manager applies advising Linux systems do not
> store the data of the file in page cache as they are not required.

For me, it means that WAL always goes through the operating system I/O
calls. Nothing changes for the WAL. However, I'm not sure what you meant to
explain by saying "when working with the plugin (Direct I/O) WAL manager
applies...". Could you rephrase it to bring more clarity?

*Raymond,*

If Direct I/O is enabled by default it will bring down the performance of
read-intensive application because, as Dmitry says, the reads bypass page
cache. So, I would recommend using it for write-intensive workloads and,
probably, for mixed-workloads depending on the reads and writes rate.