I agree.
Fix of LOG_ONLY is critical for Ignite durability and can be done quickly.
Another reason to release 2.5 earlier is fix of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7751. It's another critical bug that possibly can lead to checkpoint buffer overflow and corruption of internal data structures even with Pages Write Throttling enabled.

Best Regards,
Ivan Rakov