Val,

*init()* method is executed before a service is considered deployed.
If any exception is thrown from it, then it will be handled as deployment
failure.

*execute() *method is run after the service is deployed, and it can keep
running until the service is cancelled.
This method has its own thread, so it can perform some background work.

Suppose you want to deploy HTTP server as a service on one of your nodes.
You can place HTTP server creation logic in the *init() *method.
If some nodes don't have a permission to listen to needed ports, then a
corresponding exception will be propagated to the user code.
On the other hand, if exception is thrown from the *execute() *method, then
service won't be undeployed.

Denis

пт, 20 апр. 2018 г. в 2:35, Valentin Kulichenko <